403 issues with Acquia Dev Desktop

8 replies [Last post]
odechillaz

I am a new subscriber and I can't follow the course because of a 403 error message in starting the Dev Acquia Desktop Control. I have emailed Build a Module several times requesting support on the issue and I get no response. I feel I have been taken for a ride..! :(

Chris Shattuck
Hello Oliver, My apologies

Hello Oliver,

My apologies for not being able to assist you earlier today, I've been in the process moving and our other staff hasn't been able to track down the answer to this problem. This would normally be something you would address to Acquia, but here's a discussion request at Acquia that may help, it has to do with file permissions on the installed files:

http://forums.acquia.com/acquia-products-and-services/acquia-drupal/403-...

Let me know if this does the trick.

Sincerely,
Chris

odechillaz
:(

I went to the Site5.com link given by Acquia to read how to reset file permissions, etc. It requires a registration process and once this is done, it tells me I do not have permission to read...! This is ridiculous.

tinem
A lot of questions in this forum is not answered

A lot of questions in this forum is not answered. I'm not sure if you are alone on this job Chris?

How about asking the mentors mentioned http://buildamodule.com/drupal-one-on-one-training to give you/us some help here?

Chris Shattuck
Hello Tine and Oliver, While

Hello Tine and Oliver,

While I try to offer support here where I can, this is currently where the BuildAModule community can offer support to one another for specific project questions, or where we can help with BuildAModule questions. I know of a few viewers who are keeping their eye out on posts, and if they don't answer here it's likely that they just don't have the right answer yet.

I wrote to Oliver via an email support ticket that Windows users seem to have been having problems lately with certain Drupal auto-installers like Dev Desktop, and that it seems likely that it's a file permissions issue, though that hasn't been verified yet.

Good idea, however, Tine, and I will look into that for the future.

Thank you for your input!
Chris

Chris Shattuck
For other folks having this

For other folks having this problem, one of our viewers found that their issue was caused by improper permissions on the MySQL user. They had to go into PHPMyAdmin and add the 'grant' permission to their user. Their user was named 'drupaluser'.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Chris

pwdInfo
403 Forbidden

Hi Oliver -

I'm not sure if you solved your problem above but I had the same issue and was able to resolve it by going into the drupal-7.1x directory we created for the drupal install (from drupal.org) and editing the .htaccess file. Find the following lines (at the top of the file - it was the 11th line in the original file I had):

Don't show directory listings for URLs which map to a directory.

Options -Indexes

I changed mine to:

Don't show directory listings for URLs which map to a directory.

Options Indexes

I basically removed the "-" before the word "Indexes". I restarted the stack and was able to browse to the directory at learnphp.localhost:8082.

I hope this helps!
Betc

pglatts
I am having a similar issue

403 error and cannot resolve it with any of the suggestions posted. Has there been any advancement on resolving this?

pglatts
Resolution found!

Hey, figured I should share my resolution with you. I went to the following site and followed the steps for creating .htaccess file and loading it to my site and this resolved this issue 100%. Here is the link:http://kb.mediatemple.net/questions/18/Making+directories+browsable%2C+solving+403+errors#gs

Add to playlist

Add to , or

Add to new playlist:

Add to playlist
This is a member-only feature
But, it's easy to become a member

Add to cart:

Contact us

Below are the supported keyboard shortcuts for our video player.

space
Start / stop video
shift
Go to next video
shift
Go to previous video
Increase or decrease player speed by 20%
Skip ahead or go back by 15 seconds
Jump to a percentage (2 is 20%, for example)
f
Toggle full screen
Videos Pricing More Search
BuildAModule Logo Icon BuildAModule Logo Icon
Become a member!
$29
1 month
$156
6 months
10% off
$276
12 months
20% off
All memberships come with the following:
24 / 7 access to the entire 1800+ video library
An innovative video player with a rolling transcript
Extensive Drupal and cross-platform training
A thorough and thoughtful training style
Progress tracking
Take notes on specific video sections
Intuitive multi-user management
How many users?
user
Go solo with a single user, or give multiple team members access through one account and get discounts by bundling multiple users into a single membership.