How to Evaluate Modules and One-on-One Mentorships
How to Evaluate Modules Chapter Released
This week we're releasing the second-to-last chapter in our "Build Your First Drupal 7 Web Site" collection. These 11 videos take you through the process of evaluating whether a module is a good fit for your project, and if it's going to work for you in the long run. We also introduce you to IMCE, a useful media manager and talk about troubleshooting permission issues.
- How to turn the Media browser Wysiwyg plugin on
- How to troubleshoot permissions issues with a module
- How to find solutions on Drupal.org by using Google and reading comments first
- How to assess the health of a module by reviewing the module project page
- How to learn more about what a module does by reading the module project page
- Viewing a demo of IMCE and installing the IMCE module
- Overview of the IMCE main configuration page
- How an IMCE profile configuration works
- Comparing two IMCE configurations
- How to set up a new IMCE configuration profile
- Chapter review and challenges for the "How to Evaluate Modules and Install IMCE" chapter
If you have some Drupal skills you want to share in the form on a mentorship, or could use an experienced Drupal mentor as you work through a complicated project, we've set up a page to be able to connect you to the right person. The videos on Build a Module.com provide a great framework of learning resources that you can leverage to enhance the mentorship and optimize time.